Medium intensity Type B LED Obstruction lighting fixtures
The red XLFE-MIB series lighting fixture, with an intensity of more than 2000 candles and flashing operation, complies with the requirements of the ICAO Annex 14 for aviation obstruction warning lights of medium-intensity B type (corresponding to the FAA type of initials L- 864).
The XLFE-MIB series has been designed for Zone 1 with an ‘Ex db’ optical source. The particular design avoids any type of optical error typical of the glass globes. As required by the ICAO regulations, the XLFE-MIB series has a flashing operation, standard at 20 fpm, upon request at 40 fpm.
The installation is facilitated by the reduced dimensions, the wiring is done with cable gland in a ‘Ex e’ enclosure, avoiding the use of sealed cable glands or the resin finishing at high heights.
- Ex “op is” protection.
- Dimensions Ø176x205mm.
- Power and control by a panel board.
- Body in low copper content aluminium alloy fitted with cooling fins for better heat dissipation;
- Glass face in shock and temperature resistant borosilicate glass sealed with aluminium shade ring;
- Internal reflector in chrome-plated aluminum;
- Silicone acid/hydrocarbon and high temperatures resistant gaskets.